Finding a Topic
Where to Look for Ideas:
- Your syllabus and course reading list
- Lecture and Reading Notes
- Professional Blogs and Websites
Browse Top Physics Journals:
- Physical Review Letters
- Reviews of Modern Physics
- American Journal of Physics
- Sky and Telescope
Scan Newspapers for Important Headlines:
Developing Your Topic
Search for Background Materials
- They can help you narrow your topic by identifying unique concepts, events, or individuals.
- It provides important background on larger social and historical contexts.
- Some sources can point you towards original Research.
Recommended Print Sources
More reference books in the 1st floor reference collection, Mulva Library!
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Call Number: 530.7 H66
Publication Date: 2011
Handbook of Physics
Call Number: 530 H19b
Publication Date: 2002
The Oxford Guide to the History of Physics and Astronomy
Call Number: 530.03 Ox2h
Publication Date: 2005