Last Updated: Jun 21, 2016
Where to Look for Ideas:
- Your syllabus and course reading list
- Lecture and Reading Notes
- Professional Blogs and Websites
Browse Top Accounting Journals:
Browse Trade Journals:
- Accounting Today
Covers news from large and small practitioners, regulatory agencies and vendors, in addition to focusing on growth niches and management strategies.
- CPA Journal
Published by the New York State Society of CPAs and aimed at public practitioners, management, educators, and other accounting professionals.
- Practical Accountant
Addresses all aspects of public accounting, including practice development, with a focus on growing local and regional firms.
- Practicing CPA
Addresses topics such as best practices, client management and emerging legislation.
- Public Accounting Report
Provides competitive intelligence for public accounting firms and the profession. Includes analysis of the news, developments and trends that define the profession.
Scan Newspapers for Important Headlines:
Why Use General Reference Sources?
- They can help you narrow your topic by identifying unique concepts, events, or individuals.
- It provides important background on larger social and historical contexts.
- Some sources can point you towards original Research.
- Dictionary of Accounting
This fully revised edition covers more than 6,000 terms relating to accounting, from company tax liability, cash flow systems, auditing and financial reports to personal finance, pensions and investments.