Finding a Topic
Where to Look for Ideas:
- Your syllabus and course reading list
- Lecture and Reading Notes
- Professional Blogs and Websites
Browse Top Geology Journals:
- Geological Society of America Bulletin
- Journal of Geology
- Journal of Sedimentary Research
Scan Newspapers for Important Headlines:
Developing Your Topic
Search for Background Materials
- They can help you narrow your topic by identifying unique concepts, events, or individuals.
- It provides important background on larger social and historical contexts.
- Some sources can point you towards original Research.
Recommended Print Sources
More reference books in the 1st floor reference collection, Mulva Library!
Encyclopedia of Sediments and Sedimentary Rocks
Publication Date: 2003
Earth Science: Earth's Surface and History
Publication Date: 2012
Essentials of medical geology : impacts of the natural environment on public health
Publication Date: 2005