Finding a Topic
Where to Look for Ideas:
- Your syllabus and course reading list
- Lecture and Reading Notes
- Professional Blogs and Websites
Browse Top Biology Journals:
Scan Newspapers for Important Headlines:
Developing Your Topic
Search for Background Materials
- They can help you narrow your topic by identifying unique concepts, events, or individuals.
- It provides important background on larger social and historical contexts.
- Some sources can point you towards original Research.
Recommended Print Sources
More reference books in the 1st floor reference collection, Mulva Library!
Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 4th Ed.
Publication Date: 2010
Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia. Evolution
Publication Date: 2011
A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution, and Systemics
Publication Date: 1998